💥 simple, nutritious and delicious!
💫If you haven’t used coconut butter before, it’s different than coconut oil.
⭐If you can’t find it, you can easily substitute extra almond butter or use your favourite nut butter. It just won’t have as much coconut flavour.
Recipe (Makes 8 servings)
- 1 cup (80 g) shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup (20 g) oat flour (grind rolled oats in a food processor or high-speed blender)
- ¼ cup (60 g) coconut butter
- ¼ cup (60 g) almond butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup or honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt or more to taste
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate (80% cacao or higher) chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Lightly grease a 9x5-inch (23x13-cm) loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil and set aside.
- To make the base layer, mix together the shredded coconut and oat flour in a bowl. Set aside.
- Over low heat in a small saucepan, heat the coconut butter, almond butter and maple syrup until smooth. Add the vanilla and salt, and remove from the heat.
- Slowly stir the saucepan ingredients into your coconut / flour mixture bowl, working it until it forms a ball. Place the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
To make the topping, melt the chocolate, coconut butter and maple syrup in a small pan on the stove on low heat. When it’s melted and smooth, spread it evenly over the base layer.
Let cool, and when it’s set, cut into 8 equal portions. DELICIOUS!